Monday, June 15, 2009
Demons and Angels
Ugh. Rent this or watch it for free on your pirated cable. I remember hearing an ad prior to the release of this film that went something like this: "Tom Hanks and Ron Howard have topped DaVinci Code in every way." I remember thinking that this was not a particularly difficult task given how sucky D'Code was. That said, there is still something off here. The loose mystery, the overacting, the faux scenery, the inability to stick to the plot and the poor casting (Tom Hanks should never have gotten this gig--GREAT actor, but he's not this character) make A & D a huge disappointment. I'm not sure it was better than D'Code because it just seemed so forced. LOVED Alfred Molina--but who doesn't, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, I called it Demons and Angels because it was bad before it was good!
ReplyDelete