Monday, June 15, 2009
Funniest movie since...
Well, let's admit, there are lots of funny movies out there and "The Hangover" deserves to be near the top of that list! People don't always mean that something is "laugh out loud" but I do mean it. My fellow moviegoers and I laughed so hard at the sacrifice pop-fly that we often missed the tag at third base that brought the runner home. Hey, it's summer...baseball fever is in the air. Anyway, back to this movie. Did I mention how funny it is? I must also say that I watched this movie with a dose of jealousy because I think EVERYONE should have an evening like the boys in this movie did--waking up with someone missing a tooth, a tiger in the bathroom, a random baby in the closet, a missing groom, a hospital wrist band and NO memory of what happened. Talk about your WTF moments...this redefines WTF! I also love how the scriptwriters and filmmakers stay true to the title--it's about The Hangover, not the night that caused it; so we don't have to suffer through the requisite "party" scenes (beer bongs, naked girls, sex with animals, a drunk person getting their hair cut by her drunk friends, etc etc) like we see in similar movies through the ages. Instead we get to skip all that and watch the guys respectively try to piece their good time back together to make sense. I will not spoil whether or not they get there or not, but I WILL say this: don't get up too soon after the flick. You might miss the fun, final scene. The rich and hilarious characters sprinkled throughout (including the main foursome) make this movie less of a dude-fest and more of a classic comedy you and your friends will watch, rewatch and quote over and over again in the future. I guarantee it! And could Bradley Cooper BE any cuter? Doubtful. Well, he IS a fellow Hoya, so it stands to reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment